If you’re Interested in Ecommerce or “mini importation” as we call it here, you should pay attention to every details in this piece I have written. In this post, I will talk about 9 products that will make you hundreds of thousands, and most probably, turn you into a millionaire by 2019.
I’m not going to bore you with fluffs hence it’s necessary you read this to the end.
Alright, let’s do this.
So here’s how it’s going to go:
- I’ll give some helpful tips & insights about choosing products that will be profitable for anyone venturing into Ecommerce.
- I will proceed to list the 9 products that are most profitable for Ecommerce store owners by 2019.
- Next I will explain how to sell these hot products online.
- Finally, I will take questions from anyone via the comment section.
Helpful Tips on Choosing Profitable Products to Import
First of all, you have to understand that e-commerce is a business of margins. >Tweet This
You’re playing a game of arbitrage. You buy products at a low price and you sell higher than you bought. Now here’s where people make a BIG mistake.
It’s not simply about merely buying low and selling high. If only it were that easy, right? It’s about buying low, and selling HIGH ENOUGH that you make a profit AFTER DEDUCTING YOUR COSTS.
There are a lot of costs when it comes to e-commerce. > Tweet This
Here they are:
- Buying the goods from the factory.
- Shipping to Nigeria and clearing (you pay the shippers for both, at once).
- Advertising the products on Facebook, Google, Instagram, and even paying social media influencers (not those fake INFLUENCERS who only know how to trend hashtags).
- Shipping the product to the buyer.
All of the above are costs, so you MUST make sure that whatever product you choose to import MUST be able to turn a profit after costs. Feel me?
You need to do the math FIRST. That’s what I’ve spent most of today doing with the products I’ll share with you all shortly.
If you don’t, you will lose money. End of story.
Here’s an example:
So let’s say, you find a product and it costs $10 per unit. Assuming it’s a wrists watch (this is just an example). That’s N 3700. You ship and clear it for say N 1000. Then you spend N 1000 on advertising the product in order to sell it. And you spend N 1500 to ship it to the buyer.
Let’s say you sold the watch for N 7,500. So your cost is: N 7,200. And your profit is quite tiny. About N 300 per watch.
I don’t know about you but my calculator says if you want to make N 100,000 that month, you’ll need to sell up 300 watches at least. If you want to make N 1 million, you’ll need to sell 3,330. How possible is this??
You bought low, and sold high but your math was short of the goal.
Here’s a Better Way to Approach It:
You need products that you can get at least a 200% mark up on.
Here’s what that means – If I buy a product for $5, I should be able to sell it for $20 at the very least. The more the merrier. *wink
You need products that can command high prices (4x, 6x, 10x, even 50x the buy price) and don’t add to your cost.
Things to avoid while importing products for sell in 2019
A lot of awful things can add to your cost in e-commerce business.>Tweet this
- Weight: Avoid overly heavy products. Each extra Kilogram per unit of your products’ weight adds to your shipping cost from the manufacturer and to the buyer. Weight is bad in e-commerce. Avoid it.
- Fragile: Avoid anything that is too fragile. To save cost, you’ll probably be not paying for insurance, so don’t complicate matters. For examples, I won’t be selling drinking glasses anytime soon, but I could sell sunglasses. If you can choose between your products being in a plastic and glass bottle, always go with the plastic option. There are other options but this will suffice.
- Payment: Don’t forget, when purchasing your products, always use the available payment options on the platforms. Don’t send money direct via PayPal or Western Union. This is in rare cases where there is a dispute and you received defective products, you can report and get your money back.
9 selected products that are most profitable for Ecommerce store owners by 2019
Alright. Let’s get into the products now. (I’m not using any affiliate link).
These are evergreen products that will sell all day, every day, morning till night, Monday to Sunday.
- Teeth Whitening: Check out this product and this other teeth whitening product. You can sell the teeth whitening products for about N 9k or N 10k per kit.
- Male Enhancement: Increase/Enlargement/Sex Time Delay. This can sell this product for N 10k to N 25k per product.
- Eye “Bag” cream: Cream to remove eye bags and eye stress. You can check this product.
- Hair Loss: These products can help it’s users grow back their hair. You can check this hair loss product or a Labena hair loss product.
- Child GPS Tracker: Would any parent spend N 15k to put a safety device on their kid? Yes they will. Check this product
- Watches: When I started importation, watches were the first product I made money with. You can check out this Men Sports Watches, Quartz Minimal OEM Custom Men Watch, or this Hotselling Sport GPS Smart watch.
- Pheromones/Aphrodisiacs: Sell this to women. It will sell easily for N Check out this product or best still, peruse these products displayed from this search.
- Essentials Oil: This product helps promote sleep. Can comfortably sell off at N Check it here.
- Stretch Mark, Scars Cleansers: Sell this to women above 40 and make a killing profit from it. I can’t even name a suggestive price because they will buy at any price. They’re plenty of such women on Instagram and Matured Facebook groups. You may check out this product or this other product for a start.
The 10th and 11th products I wanted to add to these are actually ingestible (they need to be swallowed). I am reluctant to share them as I don’t want anyone making a mistake and importing something that is not genuine. I haven’t used them myself so can’t vouch for them. Let’s leave those ones, shall we? Don’t ask me about them. Thank you, thank you.
Let’s move on.
How to sell these products
Use social media platforms to sell your products.
– Facebook, Google, Instagram, Twitter, Social Media Influencers, etc.
PLEASE do not make claims on Facebook Ads. If you do, you will get banned. Instead of saying, “Erase Your Wrinkle in 7 Days!”.
No! No! No! Say “How to remove wrinkles from your face”
Don’t worry, if anyone has wrinkles, they’ll still click through and read it.
Instead of saying: “Stop Your Hair from Falling out in 10 Days with This Magic Cream!” say: “This is why your hair is falling out (AND how to stop it)“.
To sell successfully online, you need to master copywriting. >Tweet This
I hope this has helped.
If you haven’t, please follow me now:
LinkedIn – Michael Nzeribe
Twitter – Hubmic_
Instagram – @mic_nz_
Facebook – Michael Nzeribe
You can ask questions via the comment section and I will answer them.